Monday, 21 May 2012

Edinburgh Marathon 2012 coming up...

... and I am in it!

On short notice I have been given an entry for the Edinburgh Marathon on the 27th of May.

This Marathon is not supposed to be a major event in my calendar this year. The background is rather to have a 'speed*' or 'tempo* -session' for the 100k Anglo Celtic Plate in July in Wales which will be the major event in my calendar.

*As they say "You are an Ultra Runner when you consider a Marathon as Speedwork". When I started running ultras I always thought there was
a smiley:           :-)
or winkey:        ;)
after that statement. But now since I am a (more or less experienced) ultra runner a Marathon is indeed a tempo or speed effort for me. Since I do not have the "speed" a "normal" Marathon runner would have. For someone with a main interest in Marathon running a 10k or Half Marathon would be a tempo session.

Anyway, I have not been running a Marathon for a while. My last one was Berlin 2009! I missed the following Marathons in Berlin in 2010 and 2011 due to illness or injury. So I am really looking forward to a little bit of "Speedwork" on the roads of Edinburgh :-)

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

And you wonder why you're known as "crazy". Smiley face. Winky face.

Thomas said...

Debs, "crazy" is a honorary title. It's precious to me. It needs to be nourished! ;-) :-)

Anonymous said...

I guess it is road shoes for this one; no worrying about that side of things like before the Fling.

But which vest to wear???? Scotland? Germany? Club? Or is it all sorted? Maybe.

Have a great run; it will seem a bit strange racing over this "short" distance.

MtM