Monday, 31 December 2012

Marcothon 2012

After a gruesome near death experience in the Kilpatrick Hills (11 miles in 2,5 hours crawling through a blizzard) with Marco himself I managed 5 miles today to complete my Marcothon challenge.

The stats:
The challenge is to complete a minimum of 25 minutes or 5k in every day of December.

Summary:
- Much less snow that the last years and only a few days on ice.
- A few nasty weather days and the worst one yesterday where I suffered from a good degree of hypothermia (and so did Marco since I slowed him down)
- 8.2 miles per day is actually a very good average for December. Not spectacular but I have to be pleased with that.

- A huge number of participants. More than ever. I met runners in the Gourock telling me they were doing "The Marcothon".
The word has spread. And there were loads of Marcothoners even worldwide. I can imagine that Debbie had to struggle with keeping up with all the comments/messages on Facebook.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Well done, Tam! Day off tomorrow, or is it Day One of the Januarython?

MtM

Thomas said...

Thank you, Your Magnificence, no day off but also no Januarython. I will pick a rest day soon I guess, whenever appropriate :-). good to see you in good spirits, looking forward to seeing you soon!

John Striker said...

Get Tech Updates at www.TechTantrik.com
View Funnier Side of Life at www.TheRoyalPoke.com